jquery paste

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Long Life: Communanza

Oh, forgetfulness. But  I mustn''t forget quickly to leave you with something that impressed me from Communanza, the city in Le Marche in which we did our marketing. Nothing gorgeous here to catch your eye; just a convenient place nearby to shop. But  look at the sign above the main market street (enlarge it if you can).
JS Photo



It translates to: Communanza, Land of Longevity: the Secrets of  Living More than 100 Years!
It seems Le Marche is not only a region of living well; it's a region of living long. The sign celebrates this region being one noted for the longevity of its inhabitants. Indeed, people there told me of their neighbors who are over 100, and have birh certificates to prove it. 

Is it quality or quantity that most interests you? Well, asking a resident we befriended, he told us that his neighbor, a woman now having reached 100, was complaining to him as she continued gardening at full pace, that she no longer felt spry enough to cut the firewood herself!

So what's the secret? I've got quite some years to travel before I know. But I'm looking forward to it!


post signature To COMMENT from the homepage: Click on Title of Post to get to its own page. Comment box appears below post. Subscribe for updates on art, travels, and adventures in creative life. You can also find me at my Facebook Page and Website for my art and news of upcoming shows/sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment