jquery paste

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Marketing Art

 

Hi. I’ve just done something bold and need feedback. I'm posting this here hoping to get responses.
 I’ve joined a professional firm, Imagekind that makes archival museum-quality prints (on paper or canvas). They are very affordable. I could not offer the same deal. Plus they show you the art as it will look on ready-to-hang canvas or with different colored mats and frames the viewer selects.  Click  on the Strayer link below or click here to see what I have there.
www.imagekind.com
Buy strayer posters, strayer prints, canvas and framed strayer art. Discover new art from thousands of unique & independent artists at Imagekind.com.
But....

HERE'S THE RUB: I do want my art to reach a wide audience and to be affordable,  BUT.. I also want those who get originals from me to know their unique works will not be "merchandized” (unless they say so). Will this policy work fairly for everyone?
I have received one response so far that speaks to my question and, given it was on a public forum,  I'll excerpt it below. It's from a savvy friend of mine and seems well-considered to me. There may be other views I should notice as well. For example, I'm not sure what gallery owners will think of this. Please let me know what you think.


Good idea getting your beautiful work to more people. Are these not two separate markets - those who buy replicas and those who buy original works? Not sure why selling replicas would hurt the value of the original piece and would this not increase exposure (and value) of the artist's work? But, I'm not a marketing expert.
 


post signature To COMMENT from the homepage: Click on Title of Post to get to its own page. Comment box appears below post. Subscribe for updates on art, travels, and adventures in creative life. You can also find me at my Facebook Page and Website for my art and news of upcoming shows/sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment