jquery paste

Sunday, May 1, 2011

CHILD OUT OF TIME and the Vancouver International Writers & Readers Festival

Going to a recent art show in Todi, Italy  reminded me that I'm a painter. I've been spending all my spare time  blogging about Europe! Then it occurred to me to give  YOU an art show, one-on-one, of selected works from a 2010 solo show I had in Vancouver. Plans are for some of these to be the core of a new show (expected in 2012 ) including new full-color  paintings reinterpreting these originals. (mixed media color) in 2012. 


I hope it comes across reasonably well given the works will lose a lot of definition in cyber-translation to your monitors. I'll talk about the works later, but let me show you selections of these monochrome works from my show, Child Out Of Time. You can see more of these works on my website janetstrayerart.com.
Let me know your reactions .



Remember about "Ekphrasis"  mentioned in my previous post? The art show I had in Vancouver led to a wonderful event organized by Reisa Smiley Schneider, the curator of the Zack gallery. Organized as part of Vancouver International Writers & Readers Festival, it was a poetry-fest in which known poets of the region presented their poems based on these works. The "amateur" audience joined in as well.  It was AMAZING. I've rarely experienced such a thrill as feeling how one kind of artistic work (especially one produced by me) could generate such phenomenal spin, when seen by another person, stimulating and generating art anew. And so the spin of creative action goes profoundly into and beyond each participa seent's experience: poet, painter, talented hearer or viewer.
[For the event, An Evening of Art and Poetry and the names the participating poets, click here.]


Let me know your reactions and comments.
post signature To COMMENT from the homepage: Click on Title of Post to get to its own page. Comment box appears below post. Subscribe for updates on art, travels, and adventures in creative life. You can also find me at my Facebook Page and Website for my art and news of upcoming shows/sales.

2 comments:

  1. Your website and its content are beautiful throughout. Welcome to our little piece of Umbria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank you for your comment about my art website. The show mentioned in this blog meant a lot to me. I also appreciate your welcome.

    ReplyDelete